1. A song, a Psalm by the sons of Korach.
2. Adoshem is great and highly extolled in the city of our G-d,
City of David & Temple Mount
the mountain of His Sanctuary.
- Ark of the Covenant
3. Beautiful in its panoramic vista, the joy of all the earth is Mount Zion,
- Mt. Zion Jerusalem
on the northern extremities of Jerusalem; the city of the great King.
Mt. Zion Jerusalem
4. G-d, in its palaces, has become known as a Stronghold.
Tower of David Jerusalem
5. For behold, the kings assembled, they passed by together.
- A king enters
6. They saw and were astounded, they panicked and fled in haste. 7. Trembling siezed them there, like the pangs of a woman in labor.
A king panics and flees
8. With an east wind You smashed the ships of Tarshish.
Ships on the Sea
9. As we heard, so we saw, in the city of Adoshem of Hosts, in the city of our G-d; may G-d establish it for eternity, Selah.
Old City & Mt. of Olives Jerusalem
1o. We hoped, G-d, for Your lovingkindness in the midst of Your Sanctuary.
Hoping for Lovingkindness
Hoping for Your Lovingkindness
11. As Your Name, G-d, so is Your Praise – to the ends of the earth; Your right hand is full of righteousness.
"End of the earth", Rosh HaNikra, Israel
12. Let Mount Zion rejoice, Let the daughters of Judah exult, because of Your judgments.
Daughters of Judah at Zion Gate
13. Rally around Zion and encircle her, count her towers.
Between Towers Old City Jerusalem
14. Consider well her ramparts,
Rampart over Damascus Gate
raise high her citadels, that you may recount it to future generations.
Rebuilt "Hurva" Synagogue a Citadel of G-d
15. That this is G-d,
Rosh HaNikra Natural Wonder of G-d
our G-d forever and ever,
- Sunset Over Jerusalem Natural Wonder of G-d
He will lead us like children.
- We, His Children, Western Wall Jerusalem
All photographs for this blog post are original work by Isa David-Ben-Rafael and are owned by IsraeLightly